Honor Loyalty Respect
The Sons of Silence Motorcycle Club was founded in Niwot, Colorado in 1966 by Bruce "The Dude" Richardson (August 22, 1939 – March 26, 2013),
After serving in the U.S. Navy from July 1958 to February 1960
Leonard Lloyd "JR" Reed (September 12, 1947 – June 20, 2003).
Also a Navy veteran who served from 1965 until 1969, Reed succeeded Richardson as the Sons of Silence's national president in 1977 and held the position for twenty-two years. In the 1990s, Reed and Richard Lester, an attorney and motorcyclist, formed the Colorado Confederation of Clubs, which improved communication between motorcycle clubs and provided a means to avoid conflict.
The first chapter outside Colorado was the Iowa chapter which was founded in 1968. There are now American chapters in Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.
The first international chapter was founded in Munich, Germany in 1998.